Advanced Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology
Humber College’s advanced diploma program in Electronics Engineering Technology consistently ranks among our most employable programs. This program builds on skills learned in the Electronics Engineering Technician diploma program and will prepare you to work in all fields where electric circuits and systems are found.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||CAD 8,056 per semester|
|Location:||North Campus (Toronto, Canada)|
You will acquire strong fundamental knowledge to help you build a career in new and emerging technologies such as Augumented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) photonics, Autonomous Systems, laser technology, medical imaging, new electronic materials and devices, Artificial Intelligent Systems (AI), entertainment, and broadcasting industry
The Humber College’s advanced diploma program in Electronics Engineering Technology program takes a system design and integration approach to electronic applications, and you will gain in-depth knowledge and hands-on training in:
- connectivity and interface design, embedded microcontrollers, IoT integration
- control systems both embedded and computer-based
- electronic circuits: analog, digital, radio-frequency and programmable circuits
- image processing including high-definition television (HDTV) and medical imaging
- instrumentation used in industrial, scientific and medical applications
- the full skillset of computer networking including wireless networks
- telecommunication electronics such as photonics, fibre optics and microwaves
- signal acquisition and signal processing
- wireless telecommunications, antennas, waveguides and transmission lines
We have designed the curriculum in collaboration with an advisory panel comprised of highly successful industry experts in order to ensure you are learning the most up-to-date, relevant material. The program provides you with extensive hands-on opportunities to design electronic, analog, digital and programmable circuits and to learn how to embed circuits into smart devices, industrial equipment and consumer products. The Electronics Engineering Technology program also offers a co-op option.
- Elements of Product Design
- Computer System Fundamentals
- Electric Circuits
- Digital Fundamentals
- Technical Mathematics
- Technical Reading and Writing Skills
Get started today!
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) reports that 75 per cent of the new jobs created between 2009 and 2018 are in high-skill, high-tech occupations. This demand will only grow as technology continues to advance and change the way we live and work especially in industrially dynamic regions such as the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Our graduates work at major organizations such as CTV and CBC, Ontario Power Generation, Hydro One, Rogers, Telus and Bell, GE Canada, to mention just a few. They put the skills to work in research and development where they build prototypes and test new devices. They are manufacturers’ representatives, technical salespeople, managers and entrepreneurs. They manufacture electronic systems and install, maintain and troubleshoot such systems through their lifecycle. Some of our graduates choose to start up on their own and launch their own businesses.