Diploma in Hospitality – Event Management
Humber College’s Hospitality – Event Management diploma program offers you the knowledge, practical experience, industry exposure and professional certification necessary to embark on an exciting and successful career as an event planning professional.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||CAD 7,496 per semester|
|Location:||North Campus (Toronto, Canada)|
The Humber College’s Hospitality – Event Management diploma program provides comprehensive learning and training opportunities aimed at assisting students prepare for and transition to valued positions in the event industry including:
- on-site event management experience
- guest lectures from industry professionals
- field trips to local events and elite GTA event venues
- networking at industry conferences
- case studies to broaden knowledge of planning events locally, nationally and internationally
In the first semester of the program, you get immediate experience on campus working at a high profile event. And for the next two years, you will be thoroughly immersed in the world of special events via networking, volunteering and event execution opportunities. Students will be working in The Humber Room restaurant live lab for a full semester. Essential skills will be taught to prepare students for many different types of events.
- Introduction to Event Planning
- An Introduction to Arts and Sciences
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Service Excellence
- Food and Beverage Service Practical
- College Reading and Writing Skills
Get started today!
Launch yourself into a fast-paced and exciting career of leading teams, managing logistics and executing events! Statistics Canada projects steady growth across the Canadian special event industry over the next five years. Potential jobs in the event management industry include planning:
- festivals and concerts
- weddings and milestone events
- conferences and meetings
- exotic incentive travel programs
You may also be interested in working for an event venue such as a hotel or an event supplier such as an audio-visual production company. Whichever route you choose, Humber’s program opens doors for you in this growing industry.