Diploma in Media Communications
Humber College’s Media Communications diploma program is designed to meet industry demands within multi-faceted areas of the communications industry. Students graduate with a diverse range of marketable skills in photography, graphic design, web design and writing, social media, and videography.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||CAD 7,496 per semester|
|Location:||North Campus (Toronto, Canada), Lakeshore Campus (Toronto, Canada)|
In Humber College’s Media Communications diploma program, you will learn how to:
- be effective transmedia storytellers across multiple platforms
- produce corporate video and audio for the web and other applications
- design, write for and edit effective websites
- shoot professional photographic images in both the studio and on location environments
- create and edit content using current software applications such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere Pro
- learn how to establish, operate and market your business through a course in freelance and project management
- research, write and design communications such as media kits, blogs and brochures
Courses are designed with industry input, ensuring you are learning current and relevant information in state-of-the-art labs from industry experts – people who know the trends and effective methods of communications.
The first semester of this program is shared with the two-year Advertising and Graphic Design diploma, the three-year Journalism advanced diploma, the two-year Advertising and Marketing Communications diploma, and the three-year Public Relations advanced diploma programs, allowing the flexibility to continue in any of these five programs in second semester.
- An Introduction to Arts and Sciences
- Introduction to Media Studies
- Innovative Design
- Web Design
- Communication Skills
- Digital Imaging
- College Reading and Writing Skills
Get started today!
According to a study by Veronis Suhler Stevenson (VSS), a private investment firm, companies are increasing their spending on media relations and communicating their brands with stakeholders. This trend is expected to continue. The skills you learn in our program will prepare you for a career in this expanding field.
As a media communications specialist, you will help organizations better engage clients, partners, employees and reporters by developing compelling external and in-house communications that inform, persuade and motivate.
With broad-ranging skills and knowledge in multimedia, marketing, web design and writing, social media, and videography, graduates find work in the marketing and communication departments of businesses, organizations or government departments, and as freelance communications professionals.