Diploma in Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
Humber Humber College’s Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion diploma program prepares you for a career promoting health and wellness to individuals and groups of all ages, and encouraging people to live a healthier lifestyle. Unique in nature, it is the only diploma program of its kind in Canada.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||CAD 7,496 per semester|
|Location:||North Campus (Toronto, Canada)|
In this Humber Humber College’s Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion diploma program you will:
- develop an understanding and knowledge of general and clinical nutrition, sport nutrition and physiology
- gain valuable hands-on experience coaching and conducting health promotion seminars and workshops in our unique Humber Centre for Healthy Living
- learn how to relate knowledge of essential nutrients into practical nutritious eating for clients by discovering the techniques of healthy cooking, food demonstration, recipe development and menu planning
- nutritionally assess and analyze menus and recipes integrating financial, health and culinary criteria
You will have the opportunity to join student branches of the Canadian Association of Foodservice Professionals (CAFP). As student members, you will build on your networking skills in foodservice organizations and have the opportunity to apply to association-sponsored bursaries and scholarships.
This innovative program will provide you with the education and experience to work in the rapidly growing health and wellness industries. The curriculum is founded on evidence-based nutrition information and is taught by registered dietitians and other regulated health-care professionals.
- An Introduction to Arts and Sciences
- Math Food and Nutrition
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- iSucceed in Food and Nutrition
- Introductory Culinary Skills Lab
- Allergens and Advanced Food Safety
Get started today!
The Lifestyles of Health & Sustainability industry (LOHAS) offers many opportunities to help individuals live more healthy and sustainable lives. You can expect to be a part of this rapidly growing, multi-billion dollar industry and find employment planning and promoting a healthy lifestyle in workplaces such as:
- Fitness and wellness centres
- Weight management clinics
- Corporate and community food and food service organizations
- Educational facilities
- Government agencies
- Entrepreneurial ventures in nutrition and health coaching, menu planning, meal preparation, and nutritional analysis